In this high energy, practical and memorable course written by Sharon Bowman, you’ll explore current “cognitive neuroscience” that explains how the human brain really learns.
Toss out outdated assumptions, pull in six specific learning principles based on current brain science, and learn how to apply them to your training programs.
Leave with dozens of new ideas, activities, and resources to enhance what you already know about brain-based learning and training.
You will learn about six powerful learning principles based on the best of brain science, and how to apply these principles every time you train, teach, coach or facilitate others.
You will also explore the 4Cs Map – a powerful 4-step instructional design and delivery model based on accelerated learning principles. You will use it to create your own training plan specific to a topic you teach.
You will collect a multitude of new ideas, activities, and resources throughout the course, which can be put into practice the very next day.
You also receive a 55-page resource workbook that is only available with this program, as well as copies of Sharon Bowman’s best-selling books: “Training from the BACK of the Room!” and “Using Brain Science to Make Training Stick.”
• Connection activities (to other learners, to content and to learning outcomes)
• Setting up for success
• Trainers toolkit – added to throughout the day
• The Six Trumps – six learning principles based on brain science
• Using Concept Centres as an instruction method
• Application of the “trainer’s toolkit” and brain science principles
• Conclusion activities (summarising and reflecting on the learning, action plans)
• Cognitive Dissonance, Reticular Activating System and the Triune Brain
• Introduction to Accelerated Learning and the 4Cs – design and delivery model
• General design and delivery reminders
• Creating a 4Cs map – first draft
• Practical task – design your own training session (application of the 4Cs map and toolbox strategies to specific training topics)
• Conclusion activities (reflecting on the learning, action plans, celebration).
The “Training from the BACK of the room” workshop is suitable for trainers, facilitators, coaches, scrum masters and project managers. People with some experience of delivering training will get the most out of this course.
To make TBR classes happen we need at least 8 attendees. If we won’t sell the minimum amount of tickets 4 weeks before the classes, we are obligated to cancel our classes. Money will be return to your bank account.
Meet the trainer
Teri Frith knows classrooms. Her career has taken her from teaching in mainstream secondary schools to the world of software development, where she works alongside technical specialists at all stages of their careers to grow and develop their technological and leadership skills. She trains, facilitates, and coaches at all levels, and thrives on bringing out the best in people.
In May 2016 Teri became a Certified Trainer for Sharon Bowman’s “Training from the BACK of the Room!” course, and set up TF Training in 2017 to deliver the course to private clients in Europe and the UK.
In “Training from the BACK of the Room!”, expect to be challenged and supported, and to participate wholly in an engaging, energising journey in the company of other knowledge-sharers, teachers, trainers and coaches.
Price: 1199 euro (excl VAT)
Entrecour et Jardin
This workshop will be confirmed upon reaching the minimum number of 12 participants. All registered participants will notified at least 14 days prior to the workshop.
We reserve the right to postpone or cancel this training if there are insufficient registrations. In this case, we will inform you on alternative dates or refund you the subscription fee. Any other costs will not be paid back.
Join the Training from the back of the Room